sitepolicy Site map Access Site map Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-ha Hongwanji International Center


   At the conclusion of WWII, the Chinese government confiscated the 63 Jodo Shinshu temple facilities that existed and the Hongwanji vanished from Taiwan.  However, despite the given conditions, a few ministers continued in their propagation work and in 1954, Kuang Min temple was established in Taichung.  A second temple, Kuang Jaw, was later built in 2002, and this became the district headquarters.  Another Jodo Shinshu group known as the Hong Kong Nembutsu Horai-kai was established in February 2000, and continues to be an active group today.  On February 13, 2001, Taiwan was officially recognized as an overseas regional district.